Is North Korea’s cyberattack on Sony Pictures just the tip of the iceberg?
The FBI has announced that North Korea was behind a cyberattack on Sony Pictures. Terry Cutler works in digital security, and he says that it’s getting easier and easier for hackers to hide their digital footprints.
- The Interview comedy film was cancelled due to pressure from “Guardians of Peace” hackers tied to North Korea
- cyberattack on Sony Pictures
- encryption, code, algorithms
- Made it look like an insider
- They have their own dialect
- You can’t walk into another company’s jurisdiction and take their servers/computers
- digital footprint somewhere
- electricity, waterline all online
- penetration testing, ethical hacking
- convenience of use but needs to be secured
- deploy solutions that slow hackers down
- attacking a fake system meanwhile try to figure out and trace where he/she is
- cyber warfare, spear phishing, phishing attack