I had the honor and privilege to assist Robert Beggs as a technical reviewer for his book titled Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing – ISBN :1782163123.
I endorse this book as the content is deep and insightful. A must have for your IT security library
A practical guide to testing your network’s security with Kali Linux – the preferred choice of penetration testers and hackers
Conduct realistic and effective security tests on your network
Demonstrate how key data systems are stealthily exploited, and learn how to identify attacks against your own systems
Use hands-on techniques to take advantage of Kali Linux, the open source framework of security tools
Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing will teach you the kill chain perspective in assessing network security – from selecting the most effective tools, to rapidly compromising network security, to highlighting the techniques used to avoid detection.
This book will take you, as a tester, through the reconnaissance, exploitation, and post-exploitation activities used by penetration testers and hackers. After learning the hands-on techniques to perform an effective and covert attack, specific routes to the target will be examined, including bypassing physical security. You will also get to grips with concepts such as social engineering, attacking wireless networks, web services, and remote access connections. Finally, you will focus on the most vulnerable part of the network – directly attacking the end user.
This book will provide all the practical knowledge needed to test your network’s security using a proven hacker’s methodology.
What you will learn from this book
- Employ the methods used by real hackers effectively, to ensure the most effective penetration testing of your network
- Select and configure the most effective tools from Kali Linux to test network security
- Employ stealth to avoid detection in the network being tested
- Recognize when stealthy attacks are being used against your network
- Exploit networks and data systems using wired and wireless networks as well as web services
- Identify and download valuable data from target systems
- Maintain access to compromised systems
- Use social engineering to compromise the weakest part of the network -the end users
This book provides an overview of the kill chain approach to penetration testing, and then focuses on using Kali Linux to provide examples of how this methodology is applied in the real world. After describing the underlying concepts, step-by-step examples are provided that use selected tools to demonstrate the techniques.
I’m a government cleared cybersecurity expert (a Certified Ethical Hacker), and the Vice-President of Cyber at SIRCO, an investigations and protections firm in Montréal, Canada.
I’m also a frequent contributor to National & Global media reportage about cyber-crime, spying, security failures, internet scams, and the real social network dangers that families and individuals face every day.
Latest posts by tcutler (see all)
- Unknown missed calls good for Vanuatu, but not you - July 20, 2017
- Do you think you’re too small to be hacked? Heed this warning! - June 3, 2017
- How to perform a Facebook privacy checkup Launch video 3 - May 13, 2017